Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This has been a Week where much has Pissed me Off!

Let's start with Brisbane City Council.

I e-mailed them re the atrocity at the corner of Langland & Ann Streets.
They came back wanting more information. "About Me".
I"d given them all the information they really needed to look into the problem.
Now if they don't want to fix the problem because it is put to them in a semi anonymous form, then, I'm sorry, they're in the wrong business.
Just the factor that it was raised and they had my e-mail address, should have been enough information for them. Afterall, they came back to me for more information.
It's not the first time that I have e-mailed them and it won't be the last.
Surprisingly enough even with full details of who I am and what the problem is, only thing has been fixed by them.
All else is too much to fit in between tea breaks. And. I do mean "Tea Breaks". Even the local member [who by the way is now on the opposition in State Parliament, having used council as a stepping stone on his way]did nnothing, even though that particular problem had been with council for over three [3] years and not just at my complaint.

#2 this week has to be the worst I've seen at the five ways crossing I mentioned earlier in the blog site.
The atrocities this week have amazed me.
1] Saturday night; the car running the RED light as it crossed the intersection as right of way went to alternate left right turn. They only just made it.

2] The woman looking and talking at her child and not noticing the lights were against her and nearly running me down in the pedestrian crossing.

3] The number of people who do dangerous turns as the lights have gone against them.
Like the car speeding through the lights out of Montpelier and turning into Ann Street.
He was in the innermost lane on Montpelier and heading for the outer lane On Ann Street.
He was almost collected by cars in the outer and next lane on Ann Street.

4]Why is a U-Turn allowed at this intersection.
Is it to cater to stupid drivers?
In both directions there is the opportunity to turn off either Ann or Wickham Streets prior to this intersection, but usually there are up to five [5] cars travelling either direction who make a U-Turn here. Holding up through traffic and causing near misses by impatient drivers wanting to speed off.
I suggest Council remove the U-Turn from this intersection.

#3. People coming to your door to sell you something you don't want and don't need and is of no help to you.
Like the people who try to get you to go over to their company for telecommunications, electricity, etc:
Well one of them came to my door this afternoon ans would not take no for an answer.
He was from AGL.
I told him we don't have gas here,I'm happy with my electricity supplyer so "Go Away" I don't want you at my door.
He called me on politeness.
I told him I am being polite and I am being as polite as I want to be at this moment, so please go away.
He took offence at this and would not leave, so I closed the door on him and he eventually went and bothered the people in the next unit.
Now I'm not being racist, but why is it that most who call at your door to sell something or answer a call centre line [it's so hard to get through to someone in Australia today] is of Indian origins.
Many services are doing without my business because I can't understand a word their opperators are saying. And, I'm not the only one to complain about this.

Wake up Australia and STOP OUTSOURCING oversease. It worked for Abbey Bank in England when they went that way, their customers complained enough that in less than six months their call centres were back in England.
Do what I do. Ask for someone who can speak the Queens English and if you don't get that satisfaction, then contact the company by other means or BOYCOTT them completely.
After all, we do have unemployment in Austalia and surely they could use some of these people in call centres.

No comments: