Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cool Reception

You'd think that a boss [owner] would be pleased if his staff turned up to help out when a crisis was arising or over!
Not mine.
I turned up the day we were to receive the inundation because my manager had called me to go in because he would be leaving early.
On arrival, I found I wasn't expected even though the owner had been there when the the call had been made to me.
The following friday I arrived at 8.am as my manager was having travel problems due to the floods. How cool was that welcome!!!

OK!
So the shop has been closed for three days.
All had to be put right before we could open.
Food needed to be ordered in for the Cafe before we could open.
All business around us was closed and most would be for a further week.

That is the problem with many small busness people. They think only of the money that they think they have lost. Not the factor that they are able to claim for their losses.
Even when we opened the next day, we were so slow that it really wasn't really being open.
It actually cost more for us to be open.

I've never understood this trait in small business owners and I've worked for many over the years.

No comments: